Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cigars Direct has long been one of my favorite internet cigar retailers. Recently, they sent me a care package of very high-quality premium cigars. I've reviewed most of them on this site before but it bears repeating how good they are:

Fuente Hemingway Signature (from Cigars Direct) A slow burning, medium-bodied cigar with a fair amount of spice that never becomes overbearing. Pairs equally well with scotch or bourbon over ice. Apart from God of Fire or OpusX, this is always the standard of the Fuente line, in my mind.

Corojo Especial by Rocky Patel (from Cigars Direct) A medium-bodied robusto with a sharp bite that reminds me of charcoal and rare steak. A loose draw, flaky ash but unforgetable taste. Pairs well with heavy lager or Jack Daniels.

Carlos Torano 1916 Medium-to-full with hints of nuts and cocoa. The taste of the cigar was enjoyable, but it was the heady sweet aroma that I really remember.

No comments: