Friday, February 28, 2014

Perdomo Habano Corojo
Size: 6.5 x 54 (Torpedo)
Tobacco: Nicaraguan puro
Price: $9

I've smoked probably 3 or 4 of these over the years, but oddly enough I've never reviewed one.  These are very good cigars, albeit a little pricey, and the construction is flawless like just about every other Perdomo I've ever had (bar the very young fresh-rolled bundles at Cigars International).

I don't normally go for the hyperbole you find on cigar websites, but Tabacalera Perdomo sums up the taste almost perfectly:  a "bold assortment of deep flavors, including earth, almonds, and a sweet, oak-filled spice".

Just reading that description brings vivid memories of the Perdomo Habano I smoked at a cigar lounge in Rome, Georgia one night last year.

This is what you expect from a Nicaraguan puro (although, in truth, I don't know if its technically a puro since the tobacco comes from three different regions:  Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa Valley).  Pairs well with a complex single malt or a rich, thick draft stout.


No comments: