Friday, January 03, 2014

State of the Humidor - Jan 3, 2014 

I have shamelessly let this cigar blog lapse since last August.  It's going to bite me in the butt, too, because I've smoked a lot of good cigars and now I can't remember what they were. 
Here's the 2014 State of the Humidor:
New cigars to try in 2014:
  1. E.P. Carillos Predelictos
  2. Pinar Del Rio Small Batch Black Corojo Torpedo

Last cigar of 2013:
  • Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story, while watching a Bears-Packers game with my brothers-in-law

First cigar of 2014:
  • El Credito from the LGC factory in Miami, while watching Fiesta Bowl at Steve Laster's house

New cigars I tried in 2013, that I would purchase again in the future:
  • Padilla Reserva Maduro Toro
  • EP Carillo Core Natural
  • Joya de Nicragua Antano 1970
  • Dunhill Aged
  • Cusano Habano LXI Sun Grown
  • Pinar Del Rio Habano Sun Grown
  • Casa de Fernandez Miami Toro
  • Beale Street Maduro
  • "My Uzi Weighs A Ton" Bait Fish
  • Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2002 (although I prefer the "non-vintage" version)
  • Maria Guerrero Robusto
  • Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil
  • Cupido Criollo (but not the perfecto, due to persistent construction issues)
  • Nat Sherman Timeless Collection #556

New cigars I tried in 2013, that I would not purchase again:  
  • La Traviata by CAO
  • Zino Platinum
  • Gurkha Ghost
  • Rocky Patel Private Cellar
  • Dona Flor Robusto
  • CAO Concert Churchill
  • CLE Corojo

I'm running 3 humidors, and here is an approximate listing of their contents from memory:
  • 5 Vegas Limitada 2011 Belicoso
  • La Perla Habana Morado Toro
  • La Habana Rojo Toro
  • Famous Nicaraguan 3000 Torpedo
  • 5 Vegas High Primings Double Corona
  • 5 Vegas Miami Churchill
  • Pinar del Rio (sampler of various blends)
  • Oliveros Sun Grown Churchill
  • Pinar Del Rio Small Batch Black Corojo Torpedo
  • Legends Series - Camacho
  • La Perla Habana Morado Belicoso
  • Man O War seconds
  • Pinar del Rio Sun Grown Dbl Corona (half box)
  • E.P. Carillos Predelictos (5)
  • Excalibur Legend Challengers (2)
  • Padilla Achilles Toro (2)
  • 5 Vegas Cask Strength Toro (single)
  • Perdomo Patriarch Corojo (single)
  • Perdomo Grand Cru Corojo (single)
  • Perdomo 2 Limited Edition (single)
  • Perdomo Lot 23 (single)

This doesn't count the Lost Sticks Cemetary, the top tray of my large humidor. I save the last cigar from each box and put it in this tray for long-term aging, just to see how some sticks will hold up for 3-5 years.

No comments: