Tuesday, December 20, 2011


Partagas Diciembre (Winter Blend)
Size: 5.5 x 49
Tobacco: Honduran sun-grown wrapper, Nicaraguan fillers, rolled in DR
Price: $5.75


I found this cigar in my humidor. I don't know how long I've had it, or where it came from. It must have been a sampler. The cigar wrapper was very dark, and it featured flavors and smells that often accompany sun-grown wrappers: an oily pungent aroma; an almost dank coffee flavor throughout. Draw was weaker than I liked, although the smoke was cool and relaxing. The cigar lacked a noteworthy finish, which means it was somewhat overpowered by even the light briny single malt it was paired with--Clynelish 14-year.

This was a decent, refined cigar but not one that really lives up to the Partagas standard (not like the Spanish Rosado or the Series D from Cuba).

No comments: