Friday, October 23, 2009


Man O' War Toro
Size: 6.5 x 52
Tobacco: Nicaraguan, with Habano Ecuador wrapper
Price: $5.81


Man O' War was crafted by Abdel "AJ" Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua. Fernandez is also the creator of La Herencia Cubana, of which I am an increasingly ardent fan. Man O' War kicks it up a notch. Begins with rich, blunt spicy flavors, then mellows into floral flavors remiscent of LHC, then kicks into high gear again with black pepper tastes.

Shaun and I smoked these on a chilly Tuscaloosa night after Bama's homecoming victory over South Carolina. They were a tad young and wet, but they burned for 90 minutes in a strong wind. I actually had to throw mine out with an inch and a half left, only because the cold had become uncomfortable. I could have enjoyed it for another half hour at least.

I've got two more aging. I'm going to try them again in a few months, but I was very impressed initially

No comments: