Thursday, August 02, 2007


Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
Size: 4 x 48 (perfecto)
Tobacco: Dominican filler, Cameroon wrapper
Price: $5

I've already reviewed the Hemingway Signature, and the Short Story tastes very similar. A medium strength cigar, but filled with a spicy flavor that settles on the back of the tongue. I honestly think the Hemingway may be the best non-Cuban cigar on the planet right now.

What's particularly astonishing about the Short Story is that, for such a small cigar, it burns incredibly slowly and without becoming too hot. I bought mine to commemorate the official end of my recovery from two foot surgeries that has spanned over six months; the doctor discharged me this week. The cigar lasted nearly an hour with a glass of Glennfiddich 15-year old single malt.

No comments: