Monday, February 20, 2006


CAO Cameroon (also sold as, CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon)
Size: 5 x 50
Filler: Nicaraguan
MSRP: $6


I won 5 of these as part of a sampler on CigarBid, and I was excited because I really enjoyed the CAO Gold and CAO Brazilia lines. Like those others, this also turned out to be very well constructed with an even, medium-rate burn. Very mild and relaxing.

But I have to be honest, I was dissapointed. I was expecting something special from the African Cameroon wrappers, but they did nothing for flavor; nor did they have the striking aroma of the Brazilian maduro wrappers or the visual appeal of the reddish Corojo leaf. And the rectangular box-pressing makes it awkward to hold the stick in the mouth. All in all, my final reluctant verdict is that this was just an overpriced mild smoke... nothing special.

No comments: