Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pinar del Rio Habano Sun Grown


Pinar Del Rio Habano Sun Grown
Size: 6.0 x 50 (Toro) 

Wrapper: Dominican
Binder: Dominican (criollo)
Filler: Nicaraguan/Dominican
Price: $7.50

PDR is a Louisiana-based company that owns and operates one small factory in Tamboril in the Dominican Republic. Abraham Flores is the master blender.

I picked up a box of these on CigarBid for about $2/stick because the bands looked nice and the copy in the catalog promised full, rich flavors. I figured it was just another fly-by-night house blend, so I was surprised to see the same cigar at the local Tinder Box retailing for over $7 the very next week.

I'm about half-way through the box, and I have to say I absolutely love these smokes. They burn cool and straight. They are strong and rich and spicy. I have given them to friends and both my brothers-in-law and everyone has raved about them.

The only downside is that the word must have gotten out; prices have been steadily rising on internet sites.

No comments: