Friday, May 28, 2010


Padilla Habano Churchill
Size: 7 x 48
Tobacco: Nicaraguan puro
Price: $3.50

How can you go wrong with a 90-rated puro with a 5-year old Cuban-seed wrapper?

I don't know, but you can.

I really want to say something nice about this cigar. It has a yummy dark brown wrapper. It's got a cool yellow band. It's a Nicaraguan puro.

I bought two 5-packs a year ago, in May 2009. I've still got a few left. The problem with these cigars is they are utterly unremarkable. Medium-bodied. Prone to the occasional canoe or re-light. I smoked them during ballgames, out by the pool, even in the car. They are never dinstinctive. Nothing noteworthy ever happens while one of them is lit.

They are like Meg Ryan movies. They are all the same. They all struggle to reach a plateau of mediocrity. They are all forgotten as soon as the credits roll.

No comments: