Friday, April 25, 2008


Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Double Corona Natural
Size: 7.5 x 52
Tobacco: Costa Rico, Nicaragua, Honduras
Price: $2.80

I bought a 5-pack of the double coronas in September 2007 because I needed a large cigar that would last through a entire night of poker. The natural version of this cigar lacks the "kick" that the maduro showed a few years ago. Still, it's a serviceable medium to full-bodied cigar with a nice aroma and an easy draw. Can hold a half-inch ash, no problem.

Without doubt, the best cigar was the one I let rest in the humidor for 8 months, and then enjoyed while watching "Double Indemnity" on my laptop DVD player. After 8 months aging, this cigar picked up flavor and strength and developed into a smooth, well-balanced flavor, with a formidable finish. This cigar will never light the world on fire, but I've paid a lot more for worse smokes over the years. A great bargain.

No comments: