Tuesday, March 04, 2008


CAO Brazilia Samba
Size: 6.0 x 52
Wrapper: Brazilian
Filler: Nicaraguan, Honduran
Price: $6.75 (box price)

My sister Laura gave me this cigar (along with a Padron 7000) for Christmas. After two months of patient aging, I finally decided to enjoy it yesterday, during my three hour drive to Florence, AL. The temperature was in the mid-70's, I listened to my NIV on CD, and this turned out to be a great contemplative driving smoke. I've had two other sizes of the CAO Brazilia--the Lambada (6 x 50) and the Piranha (4.5 x 46)--and this was my favorite. This cigar, like the others, had an intoxicating sweet aroma. Unlike the others, the wrapper was toothy, not smooth. The flavors, while not complex, were medium-full and satisfying. The cigar had very little finish, which is a disappointing trait in a smaller cigar, but works to the advantage of a larger cigar because it doesn't overpower you over the course of 90-minutes. My only complaint was that the draw weakened substantially in the final two inches, causing me to ditch it out the window a little earlier than expected.

No comments: